Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Une Promenade Chanel Installation at Harrods


Yesterday I had the pleasure of getting a sneak peak at the Chanel exhibition in Harrods. This is an absolute must for Chanel fans.
I took plenty of pictures but you will have to trust me that pictures will never be able to do the installation justice.
 To enter the installation you walk through a curtain of pearls and into a beautiful garden room with a fountain at the center and miniature trees with chamilia flowers around the edges. The quilted Chanel watering can and gardening tools were a highlight.
The next room was too dark to photograph but replicates being inside a Chanel 2.55 handbag. There is a giant zip on the lined wall and another wall shows video footage of the bags being handmade.


 The third room is a playroom. The miniature replica of the Chanel store on Place Vendome, Paris is utterly mind blowing.
 I also clocked this doll dressed from the Byzantine collection

The fourth is the Couture Room. The walls are mirrored just like the stairs in Rue Cambon that lead up to Mademoiselles apartment and Karl Lagerfelds offices.

The fifth is Karl's Office. A huge cut out of Karl adorns the book covered walls and his voice can be heard.


And finally into the Fragrance Room. This room is dark and atmospheric and probably the highlight for me was a gigantic bottle of No.5 through which the advertising history of the fragrance was being shown. I filmed a short clip but it is a little shaky.


Then, I realised that the book that I had been given upon exit was the most delightful pop-up addition to this wonderful experience.

I honestly cannot recommend this exhibition enough. It is on until the 24th of September so get your skates on, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment