Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Soundtrack of my life - Nic

Following in Sam's footsteps as I always do, I have also put together the Albums that shaped my life.
I actually expected Sam and I to have more albums the same due to being sisters.

1. The XX - I love this album so much, Every year my family all head to a festival just outside Norwich called Latitude. We all camp and have the best time together, XX played one year and were so fantastic, that now when oi listen to them I drift off to that festival every time surrounded by my loved ones. Islands from the album is also one of mine and Ian's songs.   



2. Prince - Purple Rain Tour was one of the first Live gig's I ever went to with my Mum, Dad and Sister and I remember loving it so much, the concert was at Wembley Stadium and we got the tube there. This was my first time I had been on the tube and I was so excited and felt so grown up.



3. Adele - 19 and 21 are both the most beautiful album, this lady has so much talent I find her a real inspiration and at the same time she seems like she would be so much fun to hang out with. I love her. Make you feel my love is so amazing. Also makes me think of Ian, I'm very soppy like that.


4. Fleetwood Mac - The Very Best of, I can't pick an Album as all there songs are classic so i have gone for best of.


5. Tracy Chapman, One word.....Amazing. Grow up listening to this album. Love it just as much now as then. Maybe I understand a little more about the stories behind the songs now that helps.


6. Jamiroquai, Emergency on Planet Earth. I love this album and all of JK's Albums they are so good to dance to and to relax too. I have always been a massive fan of his work.

 7. Matchbox 20 - Yourself or someone like you. I don't really know how I stumbled across Matchbox 20 but I think I must have been about 17 when I first heard this album and it was love at first listen. I think I must have been going though that troubled relationships time of my life when music was all I had to express myself and Matchbox 20 helped with that.


8.  Nivana - Nevermind, I'm pretty sure that everyone I know has at one point in there life found themselves falling in love with this album. I feel it is a cult classic for people around my age. I was at High School when I first came across Nevermind and from then on for a least a year walked around with my headphones on listening to this one album. I even went as far as dating one of the boys in the school Nivana Tribute band..... I thought I was so cool

9. 2 Many Dj's - This Album reminds me of my first job in Morgen the retail clothes store. I loved it so much and at the end of the day we would put this album on really loud and dance around while we cleaned up......Oh the stories of the Morgan days are never ending

10. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the key of Life, I think this may be the only album that Sam and I both have the same. We grow up listening to this sort of music so it is only right that it features in the soundtrack of my life.  An amazing Album. 

11. Plan B, The defamation of Strickland banks. Fantastic album, well written, well produced and completely unique. An all round amazing talent. 

12. Micheal Jackson, BAD. I listened to Micheal Jackson more than any other artist I can remember and would put my leotard on and dance around the living room to this album along this all his other albums. I am also still the only person in my family that can do the moonwalk.


13. Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust, My collage album when walking between classes I would turn this on full blast and block out the world....Just me and the music.

14. The Gossip - Standing in the way of Control, I just love love love Beth Ditto. Amazing voice, amazing make up, Amazing self confidence. 

15. Dire Straits - Brother in Arms, Classic I remember watching Nelson Mandela concert in 1988 and loving Dire Straits when they song with Eric Clapton and have been a fan of both ever since. When the guitar kicks in its like nothing else. 

other albums -

Maroon 5 -  Songs about Jane
Chase and Status - More than alot
Aerosmith - Gold
Paolo Nutini - These Streets
Eric Clapton - Clapton Chronicles








    No comments:

    Post a Comment